Tuesday, October 16, 2007

4 Months Old!!!!


Max is a big boy now! He is a whopping 4-month-old baby. Above is a picture of him taken at 3:11, when he started his 5th month. He's wearing the same outfit we brought him home from the hospital in, and not only does it finally actually fit, but it'll probably be the last time he wears it :)

Max rolls on his tummy from his back almost immediately when placed on the ground. He gets frustrated with his car seat after being in it for a while, I think because he doesn't like being restricted from rolling over. He loves blowing bubbles with his drool and giggling with his daddy. He's quite a Mama's boy though and has me wrapped around his little finger.


Max and I spend most of our days hanging out, with at least one outing a day. I try to limit the number of trips we take each day so that he is only schlepped in and out of the car twice. We go for walks in the mall (until it cools off enough to start going to Lady Bird (Town) Lake) on Mondays with Jennifer and Mia, Post-nat
al yoga on Tuesdays, and have our MOMS Club playgroup on Wednesdays. In between are errands, lunches with friends and other things that seem to fill up our time.

Max takes at least one morning nap and at least one afternoon nap. We're working on getting him used to his crib, so his naps generally happen there, unless I decide to snooze with him and take him to bed with me. At night he starts out in his crib, where he usually sleeps for 4 hours and then I bring him back to bed with me to sleep. From that point on, he generally wakes me up to nurse every 2 hours until it's time to get up. I am going to start trying new bedtime routines, but am not in a hurry to kick him out of our bed. If he really prefers to sleep with mommy and daddy, then that's where he needs to be. As the women at La Leche League have assured me, he won't want to sleep in bed with us forever, at least not by the time he's ready to go to college.


Speaking of... people keep telling me that time flies by so fast when babies are Max's age, but to me it seems strange to think that he has only been here for 4 months. It seems to me like he's been here for much longer than that, but I guess I have been more aware of his presence than anyone, from when he was just starting to wiggle in my belly :) I am absolutely enjoying every minute of it...
Max's 4-month appointment is on Friday, and I'll post all the new metrics then.

No comments: