Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Max is WALKING! *

* with a Fisher Price Brilliant Basics Activity Walker (FPBBAW) from Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Sue Ellen :)

+
= FUN!


Tonight I was making dinner and noticed that Max was taking a big interest in moving the chairs away from the kitchen table. I didn't actually see him move the chairs, so I wasn't sure if he had been crawling when he made them move, or if he had been standing. I had seen him start out standing under the table, so it was possible he moved them while walking forward. Then again, it could have been that pesky poltergeist again.

Just in case, I put his FPBBAW in the walking position and offered it to him, so he could try his hand (foot) at walking. He immediately took interest in gnawing on the red handle and knelt down to inspect the previously unexamined backside of the toy further.

Soon after, Nana and Grandad had arrived to have dinner and play with Max. I showed them what I had been trying to do with the FPBBAW but every time we attempted to coax him into walking across the room to us with it, he decided he could get to us faster by crawling. We laughed and let him take the lead. I went back to making dinner and moments later heard great excitement from the living room.

Max had figured out what the toy with wheels is actually for. Weeeeeee! I called and told Alex's voicemail about it and then quickly called Neeme and Papaw on Skype to share it with them too. I got some video of the excitement, and will post it when we get a chance to upload it this weekend.

Grandad said he looks like he is mowing the lawn with it. Nana noticed that he seems to list to the left a little as he walks. I suspect the alignment is off with the FPBBAW. :)

No comments: