Saturday, February 23, 2008

8 months!

Okay, so by now he is 8 months and a week...

Max spent part of his 8 month birthday at the 2nd birthday party for a neighbor's daughter, Nikita. Here he is, crawling in the infant section of "Goin' Bananas", an indoor playscape with lots of bright and cool toys. We'll definitely be back, as he is able to get more out of inflatable bouncy structures and ball pits.
It looks (sounds) like Max is going to say his first word any day now. He's been practicing with consonant and vowel sound combinations lately and it just seems like he is trying to figure it out. Of course I keep suggesting and prodding him to say "Ma Ma", but I know that "Da Da" is usually easier for them to say first.
You know... we had a wonderful dog named Murphy when I was a child. He LOVED to spend his days standing up to look out of a window, watching cars and people go by. Fortunately Max doesn't bark or whine when he sees squirrels.
Max: Yeah, just because I want to wake up at 5:45 on a Saturday morning doesn't mean that I won't take a really good and long morning nap a few hours later. Heh, you only thought you could predict what my sleeping schedule would be like by now!

No comments: