On Friday afternoon I received a package of tropical flowers from Hawaii with a card that said, "Happy Mother's Day! I'll see you soon! Baby Cashew". I assumed it was from Cashew's daddy, but he denied having been responsible. I figured that he would admit it later, but I got distracted by putting together the changing table. My mom called as we were finishing up with the table and asked to talk to Cashew. She said she wanted to thank him for the flowers, and thus began the discovery of who helped Cashew order Mother's Day flowers for his mom and grandmother from the womb. Thanks Grandpa Jim! :)
Cashew and I went to see Dr. Schmitz for our regular appointment today and everything is going great! She said I had a small contraction while she was pressing on my uterus, but I didn't feel anything. I'm hoping this means the real labor contractions will be easier when the time comes (unfortunately, I doubt it works that way). At the next appointment in two weeks she'll do an ultrasound to estimate Cashew's weight/size, so that'll be fun and interesting. Of course, resulting pictures will be added to the blog that afternoon :)