This afternoon, I told Max that Daddy's birthday is next Tuesday, a week from today. I asked him what he thought we should do for Daddy's birthday. He got very excited and said, "A cake! A Modern Family cake! And we can have 38 candles... we can have a MODERN FAMILY CANDLE!" He was very excited, and clearly very happy with himself.
I was a bit baffled for a few moments and then figured it out.
First, Max sees birthdays as a time to envelope himself in his favorite character/show/theme. Just like choosing a costume for Halloween, he hemmed and hawed for weeks before his birthday last year, deciding what kind of theme he wanted. This theme is reflected in the paper plates, cups, napkins, decorations, and especially, the cake decoration.
Second, our Tivo is pretty much filled with shows that at one point in the past few months Max (or Nick) has decided is the best thing since sliced bread. We'll record a few and then they move on to another show (sometimes this is a very good thing...). Alex and I have little time to watch "our" shows these days, but Modern Family is definitely one of them. Max must have decided that it is his Daddy's favorite show.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment