Neeme and Pawpaw (Alex's parents) headed back to their home in Indiana today, so once again we're a family of four. It has been wonderful to have them here to help, especially when both boys are in need of mommy's attention. Neeme has a wonderful way of distracting each of them, giving me time to focus attention on the other one. The hardest times are in the evenings, when Nick seems to be the most fussy and restless.
So tonight I pulled out my Maya Wrap and decided to try my hand at the "newborn carry". I was never quite comfortable enough to try it with Max, but Nick seems to be more at ease when swaddled and so it seemed worth a try.
Amazing! He immediately relaxed and snoozed so peacefully, I kept checking to be sure he was still in there :). He slept for more than two hours, and then woke up for some dinner. I have much hope for our future use of this tool - going out in public seems possible, because
he'll be shielded from direct contact with germy people and snuggled so safely next to me.
Here's a quick peek at the snuggled slumbering sweetie...

1 comment:
What a sweet pic!!
Post a Comment