Well, I saw Dr. Schmitz this morning for my weekly check and apparently have not progressed at all in the pursuit of dilation and effacement. Still about 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. She suggested that I go ahead and start taking Evening Primrose Oil tablets to help my cervix do its thing. (I've heard it is actually pretty progressive for an OB to recommend this - most don't take much stock in homeopathic approaches like this.)
She also suggested I get a massage for the swelling in my feet and tell the massage therapist that she said they don't have to avoid the pressure points that can induce labor. I told this to my acupuncturist this afternoon and she gave me an initial treatment that focused on those areas. No labor resulted, but I felt some different sensations in my uterus and have been fairly more fatigued this afternoon than usual. I also scheduled a pregnancy massage for Thursday and will request that they specifically focus on those special pressure points.
I'm not convinced these things will actually make him come if he's not truly ready, but I think of them as "gentle suggestions" to him that it's OK with mommy if he wants to come sooner than later... :)
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment