Sunday, January 07, 2007

Was that it?

Saturday marked the beginning of my 16th week, so I'm almost done with the 4th month! According to my small library of pregnancy books, after this week I should avoid lying on my back, so the baby doesn't cut off circulation to a major artery. It's one of the little things I never thought of that could be impacted by a growing baby.

Yesterday I decided to see if I could feel him or her moving. A fellow pregnant therapist at Capital Area told me that what she had suspected as being the baby moving for the past two weeks or so was indeed the baby, so I was optimistic that I could feel it. She's about 2 weeks ahead of me, so it makes sense that I might be able to feel it too. After sitting with my hand pressed against my belly for a long time, I thought I had felt a flutter that was sufficient to say that I felt it. It was really exciting and I'll have to admit that a little tear escaped my eye as I told Alex about it.

Later that night, while watching a DVD with Alex, I felt something that I am confident was our little Cashew :) Alex tried to put his hand in the same place for a while, and thinks he may have felt something too. For a while after that I started wiggling my belly around, trying to coax our cashew to "move for mommy" or "move for daddy". He or she must have moved into another position or gone to sleep. It's funny because I am sure that in just a matter of a few months, the movement will be constant enough when I'm resting that I'll be pleading with the baby to take a nap so I can sleep or get comfortable. I can't wait! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your ongoing 'cashew' story is very cute! congrats again you two!!