Thursday, January 18, 2007

Everything going well!

Alex and I went in for my checkup this morning. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat again, so I'm feeling relaxed. Dr. Schmitz said everything is going well! She said my weight gain and blood pressure are on target and that my uterus feels nice and hard, just below the belly button. We talked about what the baby might feel like, because I was concerned that I haven't felt it yet. Unfortunately for me, Alex asked Dr. Schmitz if his tickling me would help me feel the baby (I fail to see the logic in this), and she "played along" and agreed that it would. I'm going to have to have a talk with her so that Alex is not encouraged in this area...

We also received the results of the Quad Marker Screen Test, which were normal. WebMD says:
"Normal levels of AFP, estriol, hCG and Inhibin-A strongly indicate that you have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. In over 98% of pregnancies, normal quad marker screen results predict healthy babies and births without major complications. However, there are no prenatal tests that can guarantee your baby and pregnancy will be completely healthy or without complications."
We weren't actually concerned that anything would be wrong, but thought it couldn't hurt to have more information. Since then we've learned there are many false alarms by this kind of test, so if we had it to do over again, we might not have done it. Oh well, no reason for concern now!

The next regular check-up will be in 4 weeks, but we'll have the Anatomy check appointment the Friday before then, so we'll have even more information by that time.

No comments: