Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

It is always hard for the boys to settle on one costume for Halloween.  When we started talking about Halloween and costumes, I told the boys that they had until October 10 to decide on a costume, thinking it would give me enough time to procure their.   But as October neared, a neighbor helped me realize that I might be setting us up for disappointment if I waited that long.  So, I reset the deadline and we did our shopping at the beginning of October. 

Nick has been on a superhero kick and choose a Batman costume.  Max was a bit frustrated by the paucity of choices available in his size, but ultimately chose Woody from Toy Story.  We had to go to three stores before finding one in his size, but it was worth it :).  He also declared that I was to be Jessie, and Alex was to be Woody as well.  It was a lot of fun to dress up with them too. 

We had a real (extra) treat this year for Halloween.  Aunt Becca and Aunt Charissa came for a nice, long visit, and got involved in the Trick or Treating!  They spent all afternoon working on an awesome costume, inspired by Max's love of Wheel of Fortune.  Aunt Becca is so creative, and the kids loved spinning the wheel. :)  
Initially Max wanted them to be Jessie, and Nick wanted them to be Wonder Woman.  I think everyone won with this final solution. 

No comments: