Monday, July 16, 2012

Nick's 2 1/2 Year Well-Check

During Nick's 2 year well check, his pediatrician said that she wanted to see us again for a check when he was 2 1/2.  I remember thinking it was odd, because Max didn't have a well-check when he was 2 1/2... and that was probably the last time I thought about him having a 2 1/2 year well check.   At least until I came across his well-check paperwork while completing forms for preschool starting in the Fall.  So, a day shy of being 2 years and 8 months...

I took Nick for his 2 1/2 year well-check appointment this morning and he did great! Here are the latest stats:

Weight: 31 lbs, 12 oz (67th percentile)
* up from 28 lbs, 4 oz, which was in the 55th percentile at 2 years.

Length: 36 " (41st percentile)
* up from 33 1/2", which was in the 27th percentile at 2 year
s.
* I suspect he is even longer/taller than 36", as I measured both boys yesterday and he was past the 3 feet mark on our highly scientific wall measurement system.


Head Circumference: 51 cm (85rd percentile)
* up from 50
cm, which was in the 83rd percentile at 2 years.

So, he is growing very well in both weight and especially length, and still has a big, beautiful head. :)  He does all the things they check for - jump on both legs, name at least 6 body parts, speak such that others understand him too, etc. 
 
We chatted about a rash on his upper thigh and a persistent runny nose.  She recommended some moisturizer for the rash and to see Dr. Miles (our dermatologist) if it doesn't improve.  For the runny nose, I was expecting a course of antibiotics, but instead she suggested we try Zyrtec.  The mold count has been astronomical around here for the past few weeks, about the same time that his nose has been running like a faucet.  We'll see if it helps him, it never made a difference at all with Max.

Dr. Woods said to continue doing what we're doing, and we'll see her for his 3 year appointment!  That will be easier to remember.

No comments: