Well, it was more like a Pumpkin parking lot, but it was good enough for our needs.
Alex was on a plane to Las Vegas (conference for work) and I had our trusty babysitter, Leslie, helping out that afternoon. We went to the lot and I got to work, trying to catch a great picture of the boys. My standards were apparently too high for this age group - I wanted both looking at me and smiling. I had a hard time getting just the looking at me part!

Here's Nick, declaring that this pumpkin is, "Heeeeaaavveehhhh!"

Max had to get in on the strength test demonstration too!

This was the closest I could get to both looking in my general direction, without making funny or contorted faces.
Not bad, but after a while I decided we should just go inside to look at the decorations and see if there were any good smaller pumpkins to take home. They had a TON of great small ones, but the boys had a hard time resisting the temptation to use them as bowling balls or checking to see if they bounce.

Max found his pumpkin.

I love this one. It makes me think of Prince William and Prince Harry. Sometimes when we are asked if we are going to have more children, I use a phrase I remember when Prince Harry was born - that we now have "an heir and a spare". Of course I don't think of Nick as just "a spare" at all, but I do think of my little guys as my little princes.

Eh, good enough :)
No comments:
Post a Comment