Saturday, April 30, 2011

Caaaake!

I've gotten quite behind in making posts for this blog, and I hope to put together some posts to fill in the gaps from the past few months. We've done lots of things and certainly taken lots of pictures, but I have just needed to find time to write the stories and transfer them to the blog.


Yesterday was one of those fun and busy days. We took a little break for lunch and Nick got to enjoy some of Mommy's birthday cake for dessert. I made a Lemon Jello Cake, which our family calls "Whole Wide World Cake". My grandmother and birthday twin, Murner, used to make this for us all the time, and my sister at age 5 declared it to be "The Bestest Cake In the Whole Wide World!". It is not particularly healthy, but quite yummy, as Nick will demonstrate now...

Hmmm, last few bites of lunch or cake? I think I'll eat this piece of cake now...


Nom nom nom...


CAAAAAAAAAKE! I've created a monster, just like in that blog post... Nick LOVES this and all baked goods. We actually joke about saying "caaaaaaake!", and he was trying to say the word through the cake stuffed in his mouth. Quite cute at this age, but in a few years I'm sure we'll be trying to teach him how we don't speak while eating or eat with our mouths open.


Why? Why must Nick wipe his hands off in his hair?!?!

Oh yeah, probably because he loves bathtime almost as much as baked goods and he wants to make sure I knew he needed one tonight.

No comments: