When I was pregnant with Nick, I would sometimes worry about how difficult it would be to have two active boys to watch and try to keep safe. After a few weeks of worrying, I convinced myself that the new baby wouldn't be the same as Max, and certainly couldn't be as active. I lulled myself into a sense of security by believing that Gummi would probably be calm and laid back, content to just watch his active and silly brother get into things. Boy was I wrong.
Out of the blue, tonight, I found him on one of our kitchen chairs. Neither of us had placed him there...
My first thought was, "We are so screwed." I knew I had used this phrase in response to something Max had done, but I couldn't remember what had originally conjured up this phrase. So I had to go back through the blog to find it. In retrospect, it was nothing... Nick's climbing has many more dangerous implications.
By the way, it doesn't work to just push the chairs under the table. We tried it. He quickly pushed the chair back from the table, just enough to climb up and painfully bonk his head on the under-side of the table as he tried to stand up.
Anyone know where I can get a good deal on padding to completely cover every surface of the house until his brain develops an understanding of how to avoid pain and potential self-injury?
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment