Friday, April 04, 2008

Max's week in pictures

Max had a physical fight with Monkey... I don't know what precipitated this altercation, but I suspect the simian tried to chew on one of Max's toys.

This week I gave Max a Gerber Biter Biscuit, thinking it would be a nice change of pace from the Puffs he enjoys after each meal. I left him with one while I unloaded the dishwasher and checked on his progress after a few moments, not expecting the carnage I found all over his face, hands, clothes and highchair. I broke into smaller pieces the chunk he had chewed off, but he continued to covet the larger piece.

Here's a closer view of the slimy remnants of the Biter Biscuits. I WANT THAT CAMERA!

During the next meal, I found it difficult to get him to let go of my legs long enough to get his oatmeal ready so I tried to distract him by letting him play with the Puffs container in the living room. It started out as a perfect plan. He was gleefully shaking the container and enjoying the resulting noise. I returned to the kitchen and continued making his dinner. Soon I noticed the absence of rattling.

Somehow he had gotten the lid off of the container and was have a unfettered feast on Puffs. What's a mom to do? Grab the camera and capture the moment. Notice the Puffs spread around his feet and lap. He was just goin' to town!

No comments: