Today is the beginning of my 20th week, which marks the midpoint of Cashew's gestational period. Wooohooo!
I've been feeling at least one decent kick a day for the past few days and last night sat in awe of some strange sensations just above my belly button that were certainly our little Cashy (as our friend Jake has penned him or her). For the past two days Cashy has been saying hello with a kick soon after I wake up, possibly protesting how I shifted my body to reach for something to my right. Either way, I promptly apologize for having potentially squished him/her, and remind our baby that he/she is loved by mommy and daddy. It starts my day out in such a great way!
We are SO excited about finding out which pronoun is most appropriate to use, which should happen some time after Friday. Alex and I hunkered down and brainstormed baby names last weekend and have narrowed it down to a favorite for each outcome. The big reveal of the name will come when we have actually met the Cashew in person, to make sure the name feels like a good fit. I feel warm and tingly inside when I think about meeting him or her :)
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment