Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Daddy's turn

It has been clearly obvious to me that Cashew has been more and more active the past few days but, until last night, he has managed to elude his dad's attempts to feel his tiny movements.

At first I thought it was Alex's cold hands that sent Cashew cowering to warmer parts of my abdomen. I experimented with different ways to try to coax our baby into kicking for his dad, but all to no avail. Alex pointed out that this is just the first of many occasions in which I would like for our son to do something, but he will have his own agenda or path. There's no arguing this point, and my main goal in being a mother will be to make sure he knows that I love and accept him, no matter what he does. So, I've taken our son's lead and been more patient.

Then while making dinner last night, I noticed the familiar kicking sensation again. This time was different, because I was standing in front of the stove and not sitting down as I usually am when I can feel him. I slowly walked (or waddled, thanks to my increasingly sore back) over to Alex and guided his hand to the location of the little foot. After a few moments, a smile spread over his face and he said "hey, I felt that"!

Our little guy is getting bigger and stronger :)

No comments: