In the Fall, we signed Max up for his first experience in a team sport. We had been thinking about joining the YMCA and decided to take the plunge as registration started for soccer. We arranged it so that Max would be on the same team as his girlfriend Mia, rather than him being on a team at the branch closest to our house.
For basketball, we opted to be closer to home and I signed Alex up to be a volunteer coach as well. It was a blast! I missed most of the games, due to conflicting schedules with Nick's My Gym classes. But the ones I attended were very sweet to watch. Alex was a wonderful coach, supportive and positive, encouraging the little boys (and girl) to do their best.
Max's skills improved immensely over the 8 weeks of their season. He had a blast with his new friends and their parents were sweet and wonderful to hang out with as well.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment