Happy Thanksgiving!
Not much to report on Nicholas today. He was too sleepy to eat by bottle or breast this morning, so we just hung out and snuggled for a while. I tried going in for a later feeding than usual tonight and although he was awake and alert, he couldn't be bothered to eat then either. He was much more interested in checking out the dividing curtains that were drawn around his little area for our privacy. The nurse again reassured me that this lack of interest is not unexpected for a baby at his age, especially a boy baby, so I'm not taking it personally. I am sure he will catch on as time goes by and he matures more.
Dr. Ngo called and left a message this morning, while we were having Thanksgiving lunch with Grandad at McCormick and Schmicks. She said that they are reducing the number of nipple feeds (bottle or breast) per day from 3 to 2, since it makes him so tired to feed that way right now. She also said they are increasing his feedings from 35 to 38 cc's. I asked tonight's nurse if she knew what the ultimate quantity goal will be, and she said it will vary by his weight, but somewhere between 2-3 ounces, or 60-90 cc's.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment