Max's great-grandmother, whom we called Murner, was a big fan of Wheel of Fortune. We watched it almost every time I went to visit, and it always seemed more entertaining in her presence than if I ever tried to watch it on my own.
Tonight Max and I tuned in to Wheel of Fortune after dinner, while waiting for Dada to come home. He's watched it with me once or twice before, and it seems to be appealing to him because they talk about letters - which he loves to identify. Through the magic of Tivo, we played back tonight's episode so I could capture his interactive approach to the Wheel. I wish I had recorded his later reaction, when we showed his Dada how much he likes it. That time he hopped around the room and squealed out the letters as they were both requested and granted. He even went up to the TV screen and tried to show Vanna where he thought the letters should be found (but usually he pointed to the squares that were in color, and therefore would not bare letters in that particular game.)
Oh, how I wish Murner were still here to watch Max watch Wheel of Fortune! She would have loved it :) Here's the more "tame" version of his watching the Wheel...
Notice how his "Anywhere Chair" gets quite a workout... no normal use of a chair for this guy!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment