Friday, July 03, 2009

Feeling Manipulated

Who knew a toddler could be so manipulative? Pretty much any veteran parent of a toddler, but we're just learning this now. Max has begun a new process by which to get his way.

Max: "Moo? Moo?" (translation: I would like to drink some milk now).

Alex/Lissa: "Oh, would you like some Moo?"

Max: "Okay."

Max gets what he wants and theoretically Mom/Dad feel like it was our idea. Really we just end up chuckling and scratching our heads, wondering how he figured out a basic management principle so early.

As a perfect example, he just brought me my iPhone and said, "Blue? Blue".

I responded, "you want to watch Blue('s Clues)?"

He answered, "Okay."

Wow, I feel really smart right now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, they keep that up as they get older. Their tastes are just different and they are more easily understood by the general public.

Megan: Mom, do you want pizza for dinner?

Me: Are you trying to tell me that *you* want pizza for dinner?

Megan: Oh, yeah. Maybe.

Busted. And, yeah, I often give in. :-)