Sunday, June 07, 2009

iPhone?

A few weeks ago, I got an iPhone. I had been waiting for my contract with Sprint to expire, and was very eager to switch to a phone with more features and options than what I'd been using. I was used to Max playing with my cell phone... but had NO idea he would become such a fan of my new one.

One of the most common words we hear from his mouth these days is "iPhone?". It comes in a sad, whining voice, pleading with us to allow him to monopolize either one of our iPhones. I am much to blame - I have installed about half a dozen toddler-appropriate games and helped him find Elmo videos on youtube that he can watch at will.

At times it is a very convenient obsession. Diaper changes are MUCH easier - I promise him the iPhone and he will run over to the changing pad and wait patiently for me to hand it over. He then remains still for at least the duration of the change. Unfortunately I don't get it back very quickly, so I have to keep that in mind if I am planning to send a text message or make a call.

Here was Max's initial exploration of my iPhone and the game "I See Ewe":

At a recent playgroup, Max opted not to tumble around on the couch with Mary, but instead wanted to play with Mommy's iPhone (which was charging and I thought was out of his view at the time):

At the end of year picnic at Max's preschool, instead of playing with his friends and teachers, Max sat still to play with my iPhone. This was actually a VERY welcomed relief for Alex, who had spent about 45 minutes chasing Max around the capital grounds on a hot and humid day. This was the only time Max sat still the entire time. "Like Father, Like Son":

And finally, during a recent trip to eat out for lunch (which we don't do often because it is usually spent by one of us running after him throughout the restaurant - he's not a patient restaurant-goer, yet):

No comments: