Friday, October 31, 2008

Max's 2nd Halloween

Max was Yoda for his first Halloween, so I decided to keep with the theme for one more year. Soon he'll have his own strong opinions about what he wants to be for this candy-filled festivity and we won't be able to dress him as whatever we wish. So... he was Darth Vader.

There is a hat with the costume, but he wasn't too fond of it, and I could never capture him on film before he pulled it off. I can understand his dislike of the hat. It was quite a cheap piece of material - I'm not sure "fabric" would even be an appropriate term. One neighbor asked if he was supposed to be Darth Vader or Dark Helmet from Spaceballs, because the hat was so big on him.

At first I took him out and we let Dada stay to distribute/eat candy. We stuck to our street, because I knew most of the folks would enjoy seeing him in his costume. At the first house he confiscated some plastic cups from a bucket of plastic toys that he usually plays with while hanging out on their porch. He tried to use them at subsequent houses, to barter for candy. I finally got him to understand this wasn't necessary - actually I just hid them in his bag - and then he decided that the goal of ringing doorbells was to actually gain access and go inside. He tried every trick in his book to squirm out of my arms and sneak past the candy provider.

We came back home and I switched places with Dada, because Max obviously wanted to go back out. They went out for a while, and upon returning, Max climbed into the jogging stroller. We said, "Eh, why not?" :)

Finally, we all came back home and started looking at the candy he had acquired.

For some reason, he felt that a phone was missing from the loot. Thankfully, Max was able to take care of that problem.

It wasn't all about the candy, there was some fun chasing with Dada!

No comments: