Thursday, July 03, 2008

Up Before the Sun

Who told Max that 5:15 was an appropriate time to get up and start playing?

In an effort to keep his nap schedule semi-normal today, I kept him up a little longer than he initially wanted by taking him on a walk to get the mail. He got a hold of my keys and staunchly refused to let go. He somehow understood that I needed them to get into the mailbox. But when we got back to the house, we stood at the front door for a while - him loudly disagreeing with me about whether I was allowed to use the keys to unlock the door, or if it was more important that he continue to slobber all over them.

Apparently I won, but not by much. I had to lean him toward the lock and gently rotate him and the keys with the key in the lock.

1 comment:

tom said...

Ugh! If the clock says 5 AM (even 5:58 AM), I always feel way more tired the entire day. Mia still occasionally wakes up @ 5 way-too-early-AM, thankfully it's not an everyday event.

Hmmmm... and a very few times she's slept in until 7:30! Those are happy fun lazy AM's.