Saturday, March 24, 2007

Three Months Until Cashew is Due!










Cashew's due date is three months from today, June 24th. According to The
Pregnancy Book by Sears & Sears, at 27 weeks I am in my 7th month and the third trimester!

During my latest check-up with Dr. Schmitz she said that everything seems to be progressing very well and looking good!
Cashew and I are getting along just fine, although my lower back has been having a difficult time adjusting to the passenger. I've also developed GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), but with a new prescription on hand it is not as much of a problem anymore.

Since learning Cashew's gender, we have taken several important steps to get ready for his arrival:

1. Hired a birthing doula, Dawn Martin, who will be with us at the hospital for his birth, and later with me as a lactation consultant during the postpartum period.

2.
Registered at Babies R Us and picked out the bedding set, which sets the tone for all other decorating in his nursery. We chose "Playful Puppies" by Summersault.

3. Picked out and ordered Cashew's crib and dresser. The crib will eventually convert into a full-sized bed, and it should arrive sometime between the end of April and end of May. We'll have Cashew in a co-sleeper attached to our bed for the first few months, but it'll be nice to have his furniture ready in case he wants his privacy.

4.
Registered for several classes - Breastfeeding, Baby Care Basics, and Complete Childbirth. We'll take a tour of Labor and Delivery at our hospital on April 15.

5. Had the nursery painted "Creamy" and "Denim", to match two of the colors in the "Playful Puppies". I'll post pictures when the room is in some semblance of order. My mom and I will be picking out fabric this weekend for her to make curtains to match the bedding set as well.

6. Had our first Baby shower last weekend in Louisville. Cashew and I were certainly showered with generosity and warm wishes there! At the beginning of the post is a picture from the shower, for those of you who have requested a view of my burgeoning baby belly. :)

I wish I could say that Alex and I have picked out Cashew's official name, but alas we have not. Fortunatley we have 3 months until his due date to give it some more thought!

That's about it for now. I tried to go to sleep earlier this evening, but Cashew is having trouble settling down and the kicking was a little too distracting for me to slumber. I'm sure he'll get tuckered out soon enough :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really getting REAL!!! How exciting!