We left Dingle at 3:30 on Friday morning (9:30 CST Thursday night), drove to Shannon, flew to Newark, flew to Austin, rented a PT Cruiser, stopped by home to swap out clothes in our suitcases and throw a basket of laundry in the PTC, drove to Weatherford, arriving at 11:30 CST Friday night. It was a whirlwind trip, but totally worth it to be able to be with Murner in her last 27 hours. After visiting with her for a few minutes that night, we checked into a Hampton Inn and dissolved into the incredibly comfortable bed.
The next morning I pulled out the home pregnancy test I had thrown into my suitcase while at home, and hmmmm... that's something I have never seen before. Where's the "Not"? I was used to seeing "Not Pregnant" and this one just said "Pregnant".
I had always assumed I would do something incredibly creative to tell Alex that we were going to be parents. After all, he had done such a fabulous job with our wedding proposal (see first post in this blog for details). But after all the travel and the countless other things on my mind, the best I could do was crawl into bed, spoon up behind him and breathlessly say, "honey, we're pregnant". Neither of us felt like there was anything missing from the way I broke the news to him :)
It was a bittersweet day that followed. I was able to tell Murner that I was going to have a baby, but knew that she would never get to meet him or her. I like to think that Murner is now our baby's guardian angel, and know that he or she is in the best hands possible because of this wonderful caring woman.
Saturday, October 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment